A Favorite Thing..... BIRCH BARK CANOES... Something I love and gives me inspiration...

 

  


  

When I was in Grade school someone 
donated an old birch Bark Canoe to the school.. 
Some old Voyager the Principal knew. 
They hung it in the lobby and I remember loving it,
wondering how it was actually made, the bending of the bark.
How could it be waterproof? Where had it been? 
What a beautiful object...



A Birch Bark Canoe...

On peaceful waters, my vision began,
reflections of diamonds, bouncing off of the sand.
A birch bark canoe with carved wooden paddles,
he points to his horse, on the shore with no saddle.

Together my son, " we'll journey awhile,
" on Great Mother Lake, under the warmth of the sky. "
He gave me an oar and we were guided along,
birds flying high, praises of love in their songs.

Silver birch trees and the tall mighty pines,
colored the landscape, with shades delicate and fine.
The birch bark canoe, he did make with his hands,
many moons ago, just left alone on the sands.

He said with a smile, " that time has been found,
by the love of Great Spirit, together we're bound. "
" The forces of all life, should work together for good,
like the birch bark canoe, the tree gave of her wood. "

The day went so swiftly, the night came too soon,
as the vision was fading, above glowed the moon.
" The birch bark canoe and the gem of dark blue,
true gift's of the spirit, I have given to you. "
 Harold A. Sutton

See My Faux Birch Bark Items  

Be sure to Visit my Other Blog!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...